For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Broiled Potato-Crusted Haddock Fillets
Rate this Recipe
Light, flavorful and low in fat!
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|1/2 cup garlic cloves, peeled|
|1 pound russet potatoes, peeled|
|1/4 cup low-fat milk|
|1/2 teaspoon lemon zest|
|2 lemons, 1 juiced and 1 cut into wedges,for garnish|
|1 teaspoon tarragon|
|to taste Salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|2 haddock fillets, halved|
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil and garlic; transfer garlic to a glass baking dish. Roast garlic until golden and soft, about 30 minutes, stirring several times throughout the cooking time.
- While garlic roasts, steam potatoes until soft; transfer to a large bowl and mash. Place roasted garlic, potatoes and milk into a food processor; puree.
- Add lemon zest, 2 teaspoons lemon juice, tarragon, salt and pepper to food processor; blend. Preheat broiler.
- Place fillets in a single layer in a baking dish; cover each fillet evenly with pureed potato mixture. Sprinkle remaining lemon juice generously over each fillet.
- Broil until opaque throughout and golden brown, about 12 to 15 minutes. Serve hot with lemon wedges.
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
Classic Holiday Recipes with a Twist
Try these delicious recipes for your Thanksgiving meal. They're easy to prepare, fun to make, the whole family will love them. Share your passion for cooking and do something a little different this holiday season. Great tasting recipes from turkey and stuffing to mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce. Don't forget the pumpkin pie! View Recipes >
What to eat before the Big Meal?
Here are a few recipe ideas to have before your Thanksgiving Day meal. Why not start off the day with something a little sweeter? Maybe a dish with apples? The perfect fall fruit, crisp, juicy and delicious. Or maybe you're in the mood for a hearty brunch, something with a little of everything. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >