For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Broiled Potato-Crusted Haddock Fillets
Rate this Recipe
Light, flavorful and low in fat!
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|1/2 cup garlic cloves, peeled|
|1 pound russet potatoes, peeled|
|1/4 cup low-fat milk|
|1/2 teaspoon lemon zest|
|2 lemons, 1 juiced and 1 cut into wedges,for garnish|
|1 teaspoon tarragon|
|to taste Salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|2 haddock fillets, halved|
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil and garlic; transfer garlic to a glass baking dish. Roast garlic until golden and soft, about 30 minutes, stirring several times throughout the cooking time.
- While garlic roasts, steam potatoes until soft; transfer to a large bowl and mash. Place roasted garlic, potatoes and milk into a food processor; puree.
- Add lemon zest, 2 teaspoons lemon juice, tarragon, salt and pepper to food processor; blend. Preheat broiler.
- Place fillets in a single layer in a baking dish; cover each fillet evenly with pureed potato mixture. Sprinkle remaining lemon juice generously over each fillet.
- Broil until opaque throughout and golden brown, about 12 to 15 minutes. Serve hot with lemon wedges.
Healthy Recipes for a Healthy Life
Enjoy these easy recipes any time. Whether you're preparing a meal or a quick snack, you'll find the perfect dish. View Recipes >
Warm up with delicious soup!
It doesn't get much better than sitting down with a big bowl of homemade soup as the temperatures drop outside. View Recipes >
Easy and Flavorful Family Dinners
Putting a nutritious dinner on the table should be a struggle. Follow these simple recipes and watch your family's faces light up with delight. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >