For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Broiled Potato-Crusted Haddock Fillets
Rate this Recipe
Light, flavorful and low in fat!
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|1/2 cup garlic cloves, peeled|
|1 pound russet potatoes, peeled|
|1/4 cup low-fat milk|
|1/2 teaspoon lemon zest|
|2 lemons, 1 juiced and 1 cut into wedges,for garnish|
|1 teaspoon tarragon|
|to taste Salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|2 haddock fillets, halved|
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil and garlic; transfer garlic to a glass baking dish. Roast garlic until golden and soft, about 30 minutes, stirring several times throughout the cooking time.
- While garlic roasts, steam potatoes until soft; transfer to a large bowl and mash. Place roasted garlic, potatoes and milk into a food processor; puree.
- Add lemon zest, 2 teaspoons lemon juice, tarragon, salt and pepper to food processor; blend. Preheat broiler.
- Place fillets in a single layer in a baking dish; cover each fillet evenly with pureed potato mixture. Sprinkle remaining lemon juice generously over each fillet.
- Broil until opaque throughout and golden brown, about 12 to 15 minutes. Serve hot with lemon wedges.
Tasty Recipes for a Gluten-Free Life
Following a gluten-free lifestyle is easier than ever. There are new recipes coming out daily, everything from muffins and pizza to butter cookies and fried chicken. Eating gluten free doesn't mean the food has to be boring. View Recipes >