For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
Homemade like grandma used to make.
|8 tablespoons unsalted butter|
|2 onions, chopped|
|3 celery ribs, chopped|
|1/2 cup chopped celery leaves|
|1 lb firm white bread, cut into 1/2" cubes and dried overnight or in the oven|
|1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped|
|2 teaspoons poultry seasoning|
|1 1/2 teaspoons salt|
|1/2 teaspoon black pepper, fresh ground|
|2 cups turkey broth, or chicken|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a big skillet, melt the butter over medium heat; add in onions, celery, and celery leaves.
- Cook, stirring often, until the onions are golden, about 8 minutes.
- Scrape the vegetable mixture into a big bowl; mix in the bread cubes, parsley, poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Gradually stir in about 1 1/2 cups of broth, until the stuffing is evenly moistened but not soggy.
- Transfer stuffing to a lightly buttered casserole dish; drizzle with 1/2 cup broth, cover, and bake for 30-45 minutes (if you like crusty stuffing, remove foil the last 15 minutes of baking).