For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
Homemade like grandma used to make.
|8 tablespoons unsalted butter|
|2 onions, chopped|
|3 celery ribs, chopped|
|1/2 cup chopped celery leaves|
|1 lb firm white bread, cut into 1/2" cubes and dried overnight or in the oven|
|1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped|
|2 teaspoons poultry seasoning|
|1 1/2 teaspoons salt|
|1/2 teaspoon black pepper, fresh ground|
|2 cups turkey broth, or chicken|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a big skillet, melt the butter over medium heat; add in onions, celery, and celery leaves.
- Cook, stirring often, until the onions are golden, about 8 minutes.
- Scrape the vegetable mixture into a big bowl; mix in the bread cubes, parsley, poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Gradually stir in about 1 1/2 cups of broth, until the stuffing is evenly moistened but not soggy.
- Transfer stuffing to a lightly buttered casserole dish; drizzle with 1/2 cup broth, cover, and bake for 30-45 minutes (if you like crusty stuffing, remove foil the last 15 minutes of baking).
See Other Recipes Like This
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Enjoy these wonderful dishes
Try out these delicious seafood recipes. We have a great variety of fish and preparation methods. Everything from the classic baked salmon to the unique grilled mahi mahi. Find a new favorite today! View Recipes >