For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Kung Pao Chicken
Rate this Recipe
A flavorful and easy dish that's great any day of the week.
|2 tablespoons sesame oil|
|1 cup onion, (chopped)|
|2 cloves garlic, (minced)|
|1 lb chicken thighs, (skinless, boneles, scut into 1-inch pieces)|
|2 teaspoons cornstarch|
|1 teaspoon brown sugar|
|1/2 teaspoon ginger, (minced)|
|1 teaspoon red pepper, (crushed)|
|3 tablespoons soy sauce|
|3/4 cup water|
|1 cup snow peas, trimmed|
|1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced|
|2 tablespoons dry-roasted peanuts, (unsalted, chopped)|
- Set a large skillet over medium-high heat, and heat sesame oil in skillet.
- Add onion to skillet and cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic to skillet and cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds.
- Add chicken to skillet and cook until chicken begins to brown, about 3 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch, brown sugar, ginger, red pepper, soy sauce and water; whisk until sugar dissolves.
- Add cornstarch mixture to skillet; bring to a boil.
- Add snow peas and bell pepper to skillet, and cook until sauce thickens and vegetables are crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with peanuts and then serve.
See Other Recipes Like This
Treat Dad Like a King!
Show Dad how much he means to you by preparing his all-time favorite foods. View Recipes >
Mix Up Some Refreshing Summer Flavors
Summer is here, and there's no better way to showcase farm fresh vegetables than with bright, flavorful salads. View Recipes >
Minimal ingredient treats with great taste in no time!
Be surprised what you can make with just a few simple ingredients. Everything from brownies to orange sorbet and everything in between! View Recipes >
In honor of National Dairy Month, here are a few of our favorite recipes. We have a sample of everything from a Macaroni and Cheese Casserole to a Strawberry Milkshake! View Recipes >