For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Kung Pao Chicken
Rate this Recipe
A flavorful and easy dish that's great any day of the week.
|2 tablespoons sesame oil|
|1 cup onion, (chopped)|
|2 cloves garlic, (minced)|
|1 lb chicken thighs, (skinless, boneles, scut into 1-inch pieces)|
|2 teaspoons cornstarch|
|1 teaspoon brown sugar|
|1/2 teaspoon ginger, (minced)|
|1 teaspoon red pepper, (crushed)|
|3 tablespoons soy sauce|
|3/4 cup water|
|1 cup snow peas, trimmed|
|1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced|
|2 tablespoons dry-roasted peanuts, (unsalted, chopped)|
- Set a large skillet over medium-high heat, and heat sesame oil in skillet.
- Add onion to skillet and cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic to skillet and cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds.
- Add chicken to skillet and cook until chicken begins to brown, about 3 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch, brown sugar, ginger, red pepper, soy sauce and water; whisk until sugar dissolves.
- Add cornstarch mixture to skillet; bring to a boil.
- Add snow peas and bell pepper to skillet, and cook until sauce thickens and vegetables are crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with peanuts and then serve.
See Other Recipes Like This
Healthy Recipes for a Healthy Life
Enjoy these easy recipes any time. Whether you're preparing a meal or a quick snack, you'll find the perfect dish. View Recipes >
Warm up with delicious soup!
It doesn't get much better than sitting down with a big bowl of homemade soup as the temperatures drop outside. View Recipes >
Easy and Flavorful Family Dinners
Putting a nutritious dinner on the table should be a struggle. Follow these simple recipes and watch your family's faces light up with delight. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >