For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Kung Pao Chicken
Rate this Recipe
A flavorful and easy dish that's great any day of the week.
|2 tablespoons sesame oil|
|1 cup onion, (chopped)|
|2 cloves garlic, (minced)|
|1 lb chicken thighs, (skinless, boneles, scut into 1-inch pieces)|
|2 teaspoons cornstarch|
|1 teaspoon brown sugar|
|1/2 teaspoon ginger, (minced)|
|1 teaspoon red pepper, (crushed)|
|3 tablespoons soy sauce|
|3/4 cup water|
|1 cup snow peas, trimmed|
|1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced|
|2 tablespoons dry-roasted peanuts, (unsalted, chopped)|
- Set a large skillet over medium-high heat, and heat sesame oil in skillet.
- Add onion to skillet and cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic to skillet and cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds.
- Add chicken to skillet and cook until chicken begins to brown, about 3 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch, brown sugar, ginger, red pepper, soy sauce and water; whisk until sugar dissolves.
- Add cornstarch mixture to skillet; bring to a boil.
- Add snow peas and bell pepper to skillet, and cook until sauce thickens and vegetables are crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with peanuts and then serve.
See Other Recipes Like This
Easy recipes your whole family will love
Tired of loading up your shopping cart with snack foods you know aren't very healthy? We've got a simple solution to your snacking needs. View Recipes >