For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Cheesy Twice Baked Potatoes
Rate this Recipe
A classic that always satisfies.
|3 Russet potatoes|
|1/2 cup cream cheese|
|1/2 cup milk|
|black pepper, to taste|
|1 3/4 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded|
|1/4 cup finely chopped onion|
|Salt, to taste|
|sliced green onions, for garnish|
|Cooked bacon, diced, for garnish|
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Pierce potatoes with a fork then bake until tender, about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- When cool enough to handle, cut each potato in half lengthwise then scoop out pulp into a bowl, leaving a 1/4" thick shell. With a potato masher, mash pulp.
- Place cream cheese and milk in a separate large bowl; whisk until combined.
- Add potato pulp, spinach, 1 cup cheddar cheese, and onion to cream cheese-milk mixture. Season with salt and black pepper, and then stir well, until combined.
- Spoon potato mixture into shells, and sprinkle each potato with 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese. Set stuffed potatoes on a baking sheet. Bake until thoroughly heated, about 15 minutes.
- Garnish with green onions and bacon before serving.