For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
A Thanksgiving classic made easy!
|3 lb. yams, quartered|
|2 sticks butter, softened|
|1 1/4 cups brown sugar|
|3 cups miniature marshmallows|
|Ground cinnamon, to taste|
|Ground nutmeg, to taste|
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add yams and boil until slightly underdone, about 15 minutes. Drain, cool and peel.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine butter, brown sugar, 2 cups marshmallows, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cook, stirring occasionally, until marshmallows are melted.
- Stir yams into marshmallow sauce. While stirring mash about half of the yams, and break the others into bite-sized chunks. Transfer to prepared dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cover top evenly with remaining marshmallows. Return to oven and bake until marshmallows are golden brown.
See Other Recipes Like This
Tasty Recipes for a Gluten-Free Life
Following a gluten-free lifestyle is easier than ever. There are new recipes coming out daily, everything from muffins and pizza to butter cookies and fried chicken. Eating gluten free doesn't mean the food has to be boring. View Recipes >