For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
A Thanksgiving classic made easy!
|3 lb. yams, quartered|
|2 sticks butter, softened|
|1 1/4 cups brown sugar|
|3 cups miniature marshmallows|
|Ground cinnamon, to taste|
|Ground nutmeg, to taste|
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add yams and boil until slightly underdone, about 15 minutes. Drain, cool and peel.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine butter, brown sugar, 2 cups marshmallows, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cook, stirring occasionally, until marshmallows are melted.
- Stir yams into marshmallow sauce. While stirring mash about half of the yams, and break the others into bite-sized chunks. Transfer to prepared dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cover top evenly with remaining marshmallows. Return to oven and bake until marshmallows are golden brown.
See Other Recipes Like This
Tired of burgers and steaks? Fire up the grill for these delicious recipes! View Recipes >
Enjoy the chilly treat while the temperatures rise!
Does it get any better than enjoying this frozen treat during the hot summer days? It does if you make it yourself! View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >