For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
A Thanksgiving classic made easy!
|3 lb. yams, quartered|
|2 sticks butter, softened|
|1 1/4 cups brown sugar|
|3 cups miniature marshmallows|
|Ground cinnamon, to taste|
|Ground nutmeg, to taste|
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add yams and boil until slightly underdone, about 15 minutes. Drain, cool and peel.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine butter, brown sugar, 2 cups marshmallows, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cook, stirring occasionally, until marshmallows are melted.
- Stir yams into marshmallow sauce. While stirring mash about half of the yams, and break the others into bite-sized chunks. Transfer to prepared dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cover top evenly with remaining marshmallows. Return to oven and bake until marshmallows are golden brown.
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Eating healthy never tasted so good!
Looking for a healthier option to enjoy for lunch or dinner? Check out these delicious Autumn salads. View Recipes >
Delicious recipes for the afternoon
Who said brown bag lunches have to be a sandwich and apple? View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >