For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Ground Beef Stroganoff
Rate this Recipe
A delicious twist to a classic dish.
|8 oz. uncooked egg noodles|
|1 teaspoon olive oil|
|1 lb. ground beef|
|1 cup chopped onion|
|8 oz sliced cremini mushrooms|
|1 teaspoon minced garlic|
|2 tablespoons flour|
|1 cup beef broth|
|1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt|
|1/8 teaspoon black pepper|
|1 tablespoon dry sherry|
|3/4 cup sour cream|
|3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley|
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Rinse pasta under cold water; drain and set aside.
- Set a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Heat oil. Add ground beef to pan; cook and break up with a wooden spoon until beef is crumbled and browned, about 4 minutes.
- Add onion, mushrooms, and garlic to skillet; cook until most of the liquid evaporates, about 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle ingredients in skillet with flour; stir constantly, cooking for 1 minute.
- Stir in broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until slightly thick, about 1 minute; season with salt and black pepper.
- Remove skillet from heat. Add sherry and sour cream to skillet; stir to incorporate.
- Serve over egg noodles, and garnish with chopped parsley.
See Other Recipes Like This
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
What to do with all that turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce?
Here's a few ideas that might help solve the Thanksgiving leftover dilemma. There's a lot you can do with turkey: sandwiches, wraps, tacos. But what can you do with stuffing and cranberry sauce? How about make a sandwich unlike any other. A little bit sweet, a little filling, a whole lotta goodness from the first bite to the last. How about a hearty soup or an everything casserole. View Recipes >