For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Chicken & Sausage Jambalaya
Rate this Recipe
A great dish for feeding the whole family.
|1/2 cup olive oil|
|3 cups onions, chopped|
|1 cup green bell peppers, chopped|
|1 cup celery, chopped|
|2 teaspoons salt|
|1 teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|1 tablespoon garlic, chopped|
|1 lb smoked sausage, cut into 1/2" pieces|
|1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken, cut into 1" cubes|
|3/4 lb ham, cut into 1/2" cubes|
|3 bay leaves|
|3 cups white rice|
|6 cups chicken stock|
|1/2 cup green onions, chopped|
|1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped|
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions, bell peppers, celery, 1 teaspoon of the salt, and 3/4 teaspoon of the cayenne, and cook, stirring, until the vegetables are soft, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the sausage and cook, stirring and scraping the bottom and sides of the pot to loosen any browned particles, until browned.
- Season the chicken with the remaining 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne. Add the chicken and the bay leaves, and cook, stirring, until browned.
- Add the ham and cook for 2 minutes. Add the rice and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the stock, stir to combine, and cover.
- Turn down the heat to low and cook without stirring until the rice is tender and all the liquid is absorbed, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and let stand, covered, without stirring, for 10 minutes. Stir in the green onions and parsley, and serve.
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Eating healthy never tasted so good!
Looking for a healthier option to enjoy for lunch or dinner? Check out these delicious Autumn salads. View Recipes >
Delicious recipes for the afternoon
Who said brown bag lunches have to be a sandwich and apple? View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >