For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
American, Cheddar and Swiss Sourdough Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Rate this Recipe
Easily, one of the cheesiest grilled cheese sandwiches.
|4 tablespoons butter, unsalted|
|8 slices sourdough bread|
|4 slices American cheese|
|4 slices cheddar cheese|
|4 slices Swiss cheese|
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- While skillet heats, spread softened butter onto one side of each bread slice.
- Place 2 bread slices, buttered side down, into skillet.
- Layer one slice of American, cheddar and Swiss onto each piece of bread in skillet. Cover with another bread slice, buttered side up. Cook sandwiches for 3 to 4 minutes per side. While sandwiches cook, press with a spatula every now and then, until bread is golden and cheese melts.
- Repeat process with 2 more sandwiches.
- Slice then serve.
|Course:||Snack, lunch, sandwich|
Eating healthy never tasted so good!
Looking for a healthier option to enjoy for lunch or dinner? Check out these delicious Autumn salads. View Recipes >
Crisp on the outside, gooey on the inside.
There are so many variations of the classic sandwich. Find a new favorite and share your love for one of the tastiest sandwiches around. View Recipes >
Delicious recipes for the afternoon
Who said brown bag lunches have to be a sandwich and apple? View Recipes >