For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Easy Coconut Rice
Rate this Recipe
Small package, big flavors!
|1 slice bacon, finely chopped|
|1 jalapeno chile, minced|
|2 garlic cloves, minced|
|1/4 teaspoon thyme, dried|
|1 teaspoon coarse salt|
|1 1/4 cups water|
|3/4 cup coconut milk, canned|
|1 cup long-grain white rice|
|1 15 oz. can red kidney beans, drained|
|2 scallions, minced|
- Brown bacon in a medium saucepan that is set over medium-low heat; cook for about 8 minutes, stirring often. Pour off fat.
- Add jalapeno, garlic, thyme and salt. Cook for about 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Add water and coconut milk; bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice and beans. Cover and reduce heat; simmer for about 20 minutes, until rice is tender. Remove from heat; stir in scallions.
- Let sit, covered, for 10 minutes, until water is absorbed.