For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Easy Coconut Rice
Rate this Recipe
Small package, big flavors!
|1 slice bacon, finely chopped|
|1 jalapeno chile, minced|
|2 garlic cloves, minced|
|1/4 teaspoon thyme, dried|
|1 teaspoon coarse salt|
|1 1/4 cups water|
|3/4 cup coconut milk, canned|
|1 cup long-grain white rice|
|1 15 oz. can red kidney beans, drained|
|2 scallions, minced|
- Brown bacon in a medium saucepan that is set over medium-low heat; cook for about 8 minutes, stirring often. Pour off fat.
- Add jalapeno, garlic, thyme and salt. Cook for about 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Add water and coconut milk; bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice and beans. Cover and reduce heat; simmer for about 20 minutes, until rice is tender. Remove from heat; stir in scallions.
- Let sit, covered, for 10 minutes, until water is absorbed.
See Other Recipes Like This
Enjoy the Oscars with these supremely delicious dishes!
Oscar buzz is in the air. In order to properly honor the occasion, we have a few suggestions on what to serve your guests. Movie themed foods that pay tribute to the nominees. View Recipes >
Slow Cooked, Savory Dishes For A Relaxing Day
There's nothing quite like hot food on a cold day. Everything that's delicious collected one one place. Hearty, rich and flavorful, that's what makes comfort food the best. View Recipes >