For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Easy Coconut Rice
Rate this Recipe
Small package, big flavors!
|1 slice bacon, finely chopped|
|1 jalapeno chile, minced|
|2 garlic cloves, minced|
|1/4 teaspoon thyme, dried|
|1 teaspoon coarse salt|
|1 1/4 cups water|
|3/4 cup coconut milk, canned|
|1 cup long-grain white rice|
|1 15 oz. can red kidney beans, drained|
|2 scallions, minced|
- Brown bacon in a medium saucepan that is set over medium-low heat; cook for about 8 minutes, stirring often. Pour off fat.
- Add jalapeno, garlic, thyme and salt. Cook for about 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Add water and coconut milk; bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice and beans. Cover and reduce heat; simmer for about 20 minutes, until rice is tender. Remove from heat; stir in scallions.
- Let sit, covered, for 10 minutes, until water is absorbed.
See Other Recipes Like This
Tired of burgers and steaks? Fire up the grill for these delicious recipes! View Recipes >
Enjoy the chilly treat while the temperatures rise!
Does it get any better than enjoying this frozen treat during the hot summer days? It does if you make it yourself! View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >