For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
An elegant dish to share with someone special.
|1 cup all-purpose flour|
|4 chicken breast halves, boneless, skinless|
|to taste Salt and pepper|
|2 tablespoons butter|
|1/2 cup chardonnay, unoaked preferable|
|1/2 cup chicken broth|
|1 tablespoon Dijon mustard|
|1 zucchini, cut in half lengthwise, then sliced|
|5 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped|
|1 garlic clove, minced|
|1 teaspoon dill weed, chopped|
|1/3 cup sour cream|
- Place the flour into a shallow dish. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, and then dredge in the flour. Shake off the excess.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the chicken breasts on each side, about 3 minutes per side.
- Pour the chicken broth and white wine into the skillet, and scrape any chicken residue from the pan for flavor.
- Stir in the mustard. Cover, and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the zucchini and sun-dried tomatoes, season with the garlic and dill weed. Cover, and cook until the zucchini is tender and the chicken is cooked through, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken to a platter, and remove the pan from the heat. Stir the sour cream into the pan liquid.
- If most of the liquid has evaporated, stir in a bit more wine or broth first. Season with salt to taste, and serve the chicken with sauce poured over top.
- Nicely pairs with egg pasta or rice.