For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Shrimp Quesadillas with Bacon
Rate this Recipe
Serves 2 |
The tastiest way to spice up this classic snack.
|4 slices bacon, chopped|
|8 oz. medium shrimp, peeled, deveined andhalved lengthwise|
|2 teaspoons vegetable oil|
|2 flour tortillas|
|1 cup jack cheese, shredded|
|1/4 cup green onions, chopped|
|1 avocado, sliced|
|Salsa, for garnish|
|Sour cream, for garnish|
- Cook bacon over medium-high heat until crisped. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate. Discard bacon grease from skillet.
- Add shrimp to skillet; cook and stir for 1 minute, until pink. Set aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in another skillet that is set over medium heat.
- Place one tortilla in skillet.
- Evenly divide bacon, shrimp, cheese and onions, and then place ingredients on one half of the tortilla in skillet. Fold tortilla over; gently press down. Cook, covered, for about 2 minutes, until browned. Turn over, and then cook for an additional 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Repeat process with remaining ingredients. Serve with avocado, salsa and sour cream.