For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Easy Beef Stroganoff
Rate this Recipe
A simple and classic Russian dish.
|1 pound beef round tip steaks|
|1 clove garlic, minced|
|4 teaspoons vegetable oil|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 teaspoon pepper|
|1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced|
|1 3/4 oz. package brown gravy mix|
|4 cups(about 5 ounces) wide egg noodles, cooked|
|1/4 cup dairy sour cream|
- Stack beef steaks; cut lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1-inch wide strips. Toss with garlic.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add 1/2 of beef; stir-fry 1 minute or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. (Do not overcook.) Remove. Repeat with remaining beef. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in same skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 2 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat.
- Add gravy mix and 1 cup cold water; blend well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 1 minute or until sauce is thickened, stirring frequently. Stir in beef; heat through.
- Serve over noodles. Pass sour cream.
See Other Recipes Like This
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
What to do with all that turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce?
Here's a few ideas that might help solve the Thanksgiving leftover dilemma. There's a lot you can do with turkey: sandwiches, wraps, tacos. But what can you do with stuffing and cranberry sauce? How about make a sandwich unlike any other. A little bit sweet, a little filling, a whole lotta goodness from the first bite to the last. How about a hearty soup or an everything casserole. View Recipes >