For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
Perfectly seasoned and marianted barbecue.
|6 tablespoons hoisin sauce|
|2 tablespoons rice vinegar|
|1 tablespoon soy sauce|
|1 tablespoon honey|
|1/3 cup shallot, minced|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced, peeled|
|1/8 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder|
|1/3 cup sugar|
|3 cups chicken, pork or beef, (cooked, pulled, your preference)|
|1 cup Asian barbecue sauce|
- Stir together all the ingredients except the sugar in a bowl.
- Cook sugar in a dry heavy saucepan over moderate heat, undisturbed, until it begins to melt.
- Continue to cook, stirring occasionally with a fork, until the sugar is melted into a deep golden caramel.
- Tilt the pan and carefully pour in the hoisin mixture (caramel will harden and steam vigorously).
- Cook over moderately low heat, stirring, until the caramel is dissolved and the sauce is thickened, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Can be served warm or at room temperature.
- Mix together the meat and sauce and warm in a skillet.
- Serve on slider rolls, sliced baguette or by itself.
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious Greek yogurt recipes to try at home.
If you love Greek yogurt, but want to shake things up a bit, try these amazing recipes. They're healthy, flavorful and easy to make! View Recipes >
Mouth-Watering Memorial Day
Celebrate freedom, family and friends with good food. It's time to kickoff summer! View Recipes >