For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Caribbean Flank Steak with Coconut Rice
Rate this Recipe
Take your taste buds to the Caribbean!
|1 about 1-1/2 pounds beef flank steak|
|1 8 ounce can pineapple, crushed|
|1/4 cup fresh lime juice|
|2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped|
|1 tablespoon Caribbean jerk seasoning|
|For coconut rice|
|2 cups water|
|1 cup brown rice, uncooked|
|3 tablespoons coconut, shredded, toasted|
|2 tablespoons almond, sliced, toasted|
|1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, finely chopped|
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice for Marinade; discard excess juice. Reserve crushed pineapple for Coconut Rice.
- Combine marinade ingredients and reserved pineapple juice in small bowl. Place beef steak and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
- Prepare Coconut Rice. Combine water and rice in medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 35 to 45 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove from heat. Stir in reserved pineapple, coconut, almonds and cilantro. Season with salt, as desired.
- Meanwhile, remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 11 to 16 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 16 to 21 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Season with salt, as desired.
- Carve steak across the grain into thin slices. Serve with rice.
See Other Recipes Like This
Easy recipes your whole family will love
Tired of loading up your shopping cart with snack foods you know aren't very healthy? We've got a simple solution to your snacking needs. View Recipes >