For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rotisserie Chicken Barley Stew
Rate this Recipe
If you're craving comfort but you're short on time, this is the recipe for you!
|1 cup quick-cooking barley, uncooked|
|3 cans fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth, 14 oz.|
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|1 1/2 cups chopped onion|
|1 package frozen mixed vegetables, 10 oz.|
|1 1/2 cups rotisserie chicken, chopped andcooked|
|1/4 teaspoon thyme, dried|
|Salt, to season|
|Black pepper, to season|
- In a large saucepan, bring barley and broth to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
- While barley cooks, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; saute for 3 minutes.
- Add mixed vegetables; saute for 2 minutes.
- Add onion and mixed vegetable mixture, rotisserie chicken and thyme to barley; simmer 4 minutes.
- Season barley stew with salt and black pepper.
|Course:||Soup, Lunch, Dinner|
See Other Recipes Like This
Easy recipes your whole family will love
Tired of loading up your shopping cart with snack foods you know aren't very healthy? We've got a simple solution to your snacking needs. View Recipes >