For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rotisserie Chicken Barley Stew
Rate this Recipe
If you're craving comfort but you're short on time, this is the recipe for you!
|1 cup quick-cooking barley, uncooked|
|3 cans fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth, 14 oz.|
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|1 1/2 cups chopped onion|
|1 package frozen mixed vegetables, 10 oz.|
|1 1/2 cups rotisserie chicken, chopped andcooked|
|1/4 teaspoon thyme, dried|
|Salt, to season|
|Black pepper, to season|
- In a large saucepan, bring barley and broth to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
- While barley cooks, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; saute for 3 minutes.
- Add mixed vegetables; saute for 2 minutes.
- Add onion and mixed vegetable mixture, rotisserie chicken and thyme to barley; simmer 4 minutes.
- Season barley stew with salt and black pepper.
|Course:||Soup, Lunch, Dinner|
See Other Recipes Like This
Tired of burgers and steaks? Fire up the grill for these delicious recipes! View Recipes >
Enjoy the chilly treat while the temperatures rise!
Does it get any better than enjoying this frozen treat during the hot summer days? It does if you make it yourself! View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >