For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rotisserie Chicken Barley Stew
Rate this Recipe
If you're craving comfort but you're short on time, this is the recipe for you!
|1 cup quick-cooking barley, uncooked|
|3 cans fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth, 14 oz.|
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|1 1/2 cups chopped onion|
|1 package frozen mixed vegetables, 10 oz.|
|1 1/2 cups rotisserie chicken, chopped andcooked|
|1/4 teaspoon thyme, dried|
|Salt, to season|
|Black pepper, to season|
- In a large saucepan, bring barley and broth to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
- While barley cooks, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; saute for 3 minutes.
- Add mixed vegetables; saute for 2 minutes.
- Add onion and mixed vegetable mixture, rotisserie chicken and thyme to barley; simmer 4 minutes.
- Season barley stew with salt and black pepper.
|Course:||Soup, Lunch, Dinner|
See Other Recipes Like This
Healthy Recipes for a Healthy Life
Enjoy these easy recipes any time. Whether you're preparing a meal or a quick snack, you'll find the perfect dish. View Recipes >
Warm up with delicious soup!
It doesn't get much better than sitting down with a big bowl of homemade soup as the temperatures drop outside. View Recipes >
Easy and Flavorful Family Dinners
Putting a nutritious dinner on the table should be a struggle. Follow these simple recipes and watch your family's faces light up with delight. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >