For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Low Fat Fettuccine Alfredo
Rate this Recipe
After one bite, you won't believe it's low fat!
|12 oz fettuccine|
|1 head broccoli, cut into florets, stalks peeled and sliced|
|1 tablespoon unsalted butter|
|1 1/2 cups skim milk|
|1 tablespoon flour|
|3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated, add more for personal serving|
|1/2 teaspoon kosher salt|
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain.
- While pasta cooks, bring a separate pot of salted water to a boil. Add broccoli to boiling water and cook for about 3 minutes or until tender, drain.
- Heat butter and milk in a large saucepan that is set over low heat. Gradually add flour, whisking constantly. Simmer and whisk constantly for about 1 to 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Remove saucepan from heat and whisk in the Parmesan and ½ teaspoon salt. Add broccoli and pasta to saucepan. Set saucepan over low heat and cook and stir until heated through.
- Serve additional Parmesan with fettuccine.
See Other Recipes Like This
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
Classic Holiday Recipes with a Twist
Try these delicious recipes for your Thanksgiving meal. They're easy to prepare, fun to make, the whole family will love them. Share your passion for cooking and do something a little different this holiday season. Great tasting recipes from turkey and stuffing to mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce. Don't forget the pumpkin pie! View Recipes >
Incredibly delicious recipes that don't let you down!
Healthy is easy when you have fantastic recipes to follow. Check out these 5 meals that fill you up with naturally tasty ingredients. You won't find any deep fried, artery clogging dishes here, just wholesome, health conscious entrees that put nutrition first. There's a little something for everyone here, from a veggie baked ziti to a broiled salmon with tomatoes. Every recipe is low in fat but high in flavor! View Recipes >
What to eat before the Big Meal?
Here are a few recipe ideas to have before your Thanksgiving Day meal. Why not start off the day with something a little sweeter? Maybe a dish with apples? The perfect fall fruit, crisp, juicy and delicious. Or maybe you're in the mood for a hearty brunch, something with a little of everything. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >