For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Cornish Hens with Honey-Apricot Glaze
Rate this Recipe
|1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|2 cornish game hens|
|2 tablespoons butter, melted and divided|
|1 tablespoon honey|
|1/4 cup apricot preserves|
|1 tablespoon grated onion|
|1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix together cayenne and salt.
- Place a rack in a shallow baking pan and then set hens on rack.
- Rub 1/3 of the cayenne-salt mixture inside hens. Brush hens with 1 tablespoon of butter. Sprinkle hens with remaining cayenne-salt mixture. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- While hens are baking, place honey, preserves, remaining butter, onion and nutmeg into a saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until preserves are melted.
- Brush preserves mixture over hens. Continue baking hens until golden brown and a meat thermometer registers 180 degrees F, about 40 minutes more. Remove hens from oven and cover with foil; let hens stand for 10 minutes before serving.
See Other Recipes Like This
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Throw something on the barbie!
Summer is here and boy do we have a few delicious recipes for you! Try them out today, you won't regret it! View Recipes >