For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Cornish Hens with Honey-Apricot Glaze
Rate this Recipe
|1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|2 cornish game hens|
|2 tablespoons butter, melted and divided|
|1 tablespoon honey|
|1/4 cup apricot preserves|
|1 tablespoon grated onion|
|1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix together cayenne and salt.
- Place a rack in a shallow baking pan and then set hens on rack.
- Rub 1/3 of the cayenne-salt mixture inside hens. Brush hens with 1 tablespoon of butter. Sprinkle hens with remaining cayenne-salt mixture. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- While hens are baking, place honey, preserves, remaining butter, onion and nutmeg into a saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until preserves are melted.
- Brush preserves mixture over hens. Continue baking hens until golden brown and a meat thermometer registers 180 degrees F, about 40 minutes more. Remove hens from oven and cover with foil; let hens stand for 10 minutes before serving.
See Other Recipes Like This
Tasty Recipes for a Gluten-Free Life
Following a gluten-free lifestyle is easier than ever. There are new recipes coming out daily, everything from muffins and pizza to butter cookies and fried chicken. Eating gluten free doesn't mean the food has to be boring. View Recipes >
Incredibly delicious recipes that don't let you down!
Healthy is easy when you have fantastic recipes to follow. Check out these 5 meals that fill you up with naturally tasty ingredients. You won't find any deep fried, artery clogging dishes here, just wholesome, health conscious entrees that put nutrition first. There's a little something for everyone here, from a veggie baked ziti to a broiled salmon with tomatoes. Every recipe is low in fat but high in flavor! View Recipes >