For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Chicken Tostadas with Summer Vegetables
Rate this Recipe
Simple, delicious and easy to make.
|1 teaspoon cumin, ground|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 teaspoon black pepper|
|12 oz. chicken breast tenders|
|2 teaspoon canola oil|
|1 onion, chopped|
|1 cup zucchini, chopped|
|2 ears corn, kernels cut off cobs|
|3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped and divided|
|1/2 cup green salsa|
|4 flour tortillas, 8-inch|
|1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded|
- Preheat broiler.
- In a small bowl, combine cumin, salt and black pepper; evenly sprinkle mixture all over chicken.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet that is set over medium-high heat. Add chicken to skillet; saute for 3 minutes.
- Add onion, zucchini and corn to skillet; saute until chicken is done, about 2 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons cilantro and salsa to skillet; cook, stirring frequently, until liquid almost evaporates, about 2 minutes.
- Arrange two tortillas in a single layer on a baking sheet; lightly spray tortillas with cooking spray. Broil tortillas until lightly browned.
- Spoon 3/4 cup chicken mixture in the center of each tortilla then sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese. Broil until cheese melts, about 2 minutes.
- Repeat process with remaining two tortillas.
- Sprinkle tostadas with remaining cilantro then serve.
See Other Recipes Like This
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Throw something on the barbie!
Summer is here and boy do we have a few delicious recipes for you! Try them out today, you won't regret it! View Recipes >