For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Avocado, Bacon & Ranch Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Rate this Recipe
You’ve never had a grilled cheese sandwich quite like this before.
|8 slices bacon|
|1/4 cup ranch dressing|
|8 slices white or wheat bread|
|4 slices cheddar cheese|
|4 slices provolone cheese|
|1 avocado, (peeled, pitted and cut into 8 slices)|
- Prepare bacon according to package directions then drain and set aside.
- Spread each slice of bread with 12 tablespoon of dressing.
- Top 4 of the bread slices with 1 slice of Cheddar cheese and 4 of the bread slices with 1 slice of Provolone.
- Top each Cheddar slice with 2 bacon slices and 2 avocado slices.
- In a hot nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook the bread slices cheese side-up, over medium heat, until browned, about 4 to 7 minutes.
- Press Provolone-topped bread slices and Cheddar-topped slices together. Cut in half on the diagonal. Serve immediately.
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
Crisp on the outside, gooey on the inside.
There are so many variations of the classic sandwich. Find a new favorite and share your love for one of the tastiest sandwiches around. View Recipes >
What to do with all that turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce?
Here's a few ideas that might help solve the Thanksgiving leftover dilemma. There's a lot you can do with turkey: sandwiches, wraps, tacos. But what can you do with stuffing and cranberry sauce? How about make a sandwich unlike any other. A little bit sweet, a little filling, a whole lotta goodness from the first bite to the last. How about a hearty soup or an everything casserole. View Recipes >